Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Smoker Sundays


Holy smokes, we are using the smoker. And when I say "we" I mean "he". I am not partaking in the smoking experience outside of buying it as his Christmas present and making the side dish du jour.
This would be le beer-can chicken. All I know is the following: you make a gorgeous rub (cumin, paprika, salt, cayenne, chili powder, garlic) and apply, stick a beer into the chicken so it sits upright (like picture!) and you smoke it. Or, I believe you can do this on a grill at low heat. The beer evaporates making a very moist chicken. Party animals and party husbands unite!

2 comments:

  1. Charlie would be so proud - we are having smoker escapades of our own. I think he would smoke our couch if he could - he has "the fever"!
    The boys will have to share recipes when we get together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodie!!! It's an all day affair around here. Todd is still perfecting the ribs - does Charlie have any tips? Todd thought his were a little tough last time, I am not much help...

    ReplyDelete